Do you want to make an everlasting impact on a child through your work? Let Milestone Therapy remind you about how things are supposed to be.
Milestone Therapy is seeking multiple full-time Speech Language Pathologist to join our team in the Southwest Suburbs and help us at our Franciscan Pediatric Therapy Center in Olympia Fields! To be clear, telehealth is here for the foreseeable future and our goal is to help you learn how to do virtual sessions correctly and support you along the way.
That said, we always emphasize a strong collaboration with teams, integration of family involvement, and application of interventions into everyday routines, activities, and locations. At Milestone, we do it right.
If selected, you will develop a balanced schedule through both the schools and the clinic, allowing you to evaluate and treat patients with speech, language, voice, and fluency disorders from ages of three months to twenty-one years! (Most of our kiddos are under 13 though.) This position will require comfort with a variety of diagnoses, comfort with AAC, and challenge you daily to come up with creative and fun interventions for your kiddos.
- BC/BS PPO and HMO options with Vision plan
- Dental plan
- 401K plan
- PTO and holiday pay
- Short term disability options
- Gym and technology monthly stipends
- $500 annual CEU reimbursement
- Mileage Reimbursement
- Much, much, more!
- Evaluate and utilize appropriate standardized tests for accurate diagnosis of speech and communication disorders
- Develop new and modify existing clinic and / or IEP goals
- Establish treatment goals and implement age appropriate plans of care via active IEPs
- Perform daily documentation, update treatment plans, and produce regular progress reports
- Update patient progress to both families and school staff
- Research related speech and language problems
- Help supervise SLPAs in the school setting
- Work with a team of dedicated therapists who do one thing: put kids first!
- Previous experience in pediatric Speech Language Pathology and AAC systems
- Familiarity with communication and phonological disorders
- Ability to build rapport with clients, their families, and other regular caregivers
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Positive and patient demeanor
- Ability to work well in both 1:1 and co-treatment scenarios with the kiddos as their IFSPs and clinic cases dictate!
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Milestone Therapy was started in 2002 by Drew Haverstock, a Physical Therapist by trade, focusing on Early Intervention in the Northwest Indiana region. Since that time, the company has grown to maintain a staff of over 130 employees that encompass all major disciplines - PT, OT, SLP, ABA, and DT - and operates in all pediatric environments. Therapists usually span more than one area within Milestone (usually two to keep things fresh), choosing between pediatric home care in either IN and IL, to school based work in over 30 different districts, to managing cases in any of our thriving clinics located in northwest Indiana and the southern Chicago suburbs. Milestone has established itself as a destination employer through the years and plans to continue to grow organically so as to not lose its family atmosphere and personal touch. Take some time and learn more about our company at our new website and Facebook pages!
Company Website: www.milestonetherapy.com
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)